Best of Britain (Preview 2019)
- Devon: Savour an unforgettable Celebration Dinner at The Riverford Field Kitchen who believe 'great food tastes even better when you enjoy it with other people'. Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for the ultimate Farm-to-Table dining experience with mouthwatering meals prepared from organic seasonal produce, freshly-picked from the surrounding fields, and of course served with a glass of wine.
- Dining Summary: 8 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 1 Dinner (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Edinburgh: Walk with a Local Expert within the walls of the majestic castle perched on its rock, to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
Top Rated Highlights
- Stratford: To see or not to see? Visit the timber-framed building where Shakespeare was born and grew up. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town.
- Grasmere: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and visit his grave.
- Bath: Visit the ancient Roman Baths with its colonnaded pool filled by natural thermal springs. Explore the city with your Travel Director and witness the town's fine Georgian architecture.
- Stonehenge: Visit the mysterious circle of upright stones, which stands as strong today as it did 3,500 years ago.
- Borders: See part of Hadrian’s Wall and Jedburgh Abbey ruins.
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings, including George Square and St. Mungo's Cathedral.
- Glastonbury: Pass the ruined Abbey where King Arthur is allegedly buried when you visit this town, famous for its yearly music festival.
- Plymouth: During your orientation tour with your Travel Director see Plymouth Hoe and the Citadel then continue to the Barbican and Mayflower Steps.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the beautiful Scotish countryside and scenery of the Trossachs and Loch Lomond before continuing through the English Lake District, over Severn Bridge and past Dartmoor and the Welsh Marshes.
- Stirling: Travel via the historic site of Bannockburn and view Stirling Castle.
- York: Your Travel Director will show you the York Minster, the city walls and the medieval Shambles during you orientation of the city.