Best of Germany with Oberammergau (Preview 2020)
About Frankfurt am Main
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Berlin: Drive along the Unter den Linden past the Humboldt University and Opera. See the Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag building.
- Dresden: See the Frauenkirche, ‘The Procession of the Dukes', mosaic mural, Opera House and Zwinger Palace.
- Rothenburg-ob-der Tauber: Explore the most well-preserved medieval town in Germany.
- Munich: See the Marienplatz, Town Hall and Glockenspiel.
- Bavarian Alps: Visit the Wieskirche, a masterpiece of Bavarian rococo.
- Lindau: Cross the causeway to this delightful island town.
- Rhine Valley: See the Deutsches Eck Monument in Koblenz. Enjoy the scenic vista from the Niederwald Monument.
Authentic Regional Flavours
- Oberammergau: Dine in a local restaurant amid the buzz of excitement from Passion Play goers and enjoy local hospitality before the second half commences.
- Rothenburg: With a master artisan, learn the history of the traditional pastry Schneeballen (snowball), followed by a tasting.
- Rothenburg: For your dining pleasure, you're offered an excellent selection of Rothenburg restaurants, each with its own distinctive ambience and cuisine. From local Franken specialities to international menus, your Tour Director's inside knowledge ensures a more intimate and authentic dining experience.
- Mainz: Take a seat on the terrace for stunning views of the Rhine. Tantalise your taste buds and toast to the culmination of your Germanic journey during a sumptuous Celebration Dinner with all the trimmings.
- Included Quality Dining: 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB) and 6 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- Black Forest: Watch skilled artisans at work, learn the history and ancient techniques of clock making.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Berlin: In the heart of West Berlin, right by Kurfürstendamm, the stylish Swissotel Berlin features a remarkable collection of contemporary German art, state-of-the-art technology and exclusive, luxurious amenities.
- Rothenburg: Located in the historic centre of medieval Rothenburg, the Hotel Eisenhut consists of four patrician houses from the 12th and 18th centuries, furnished with select antiques and original artwork.
Top Rated Highlights
- Nuremberg: See the city walls and tour the Old Town on a guided tour with a local historian.
- Oberammergau: Experience the spectacular Passion Play that has made this town famous. Watch from your premium seat as local villagers perform as they have since 1634 in this once in a decade event. An emotive and critically acclaimed performance depicting Christ’s last days, this is an event not to be missed.
- Heidelberg: Climb up to the magnificent castle built in red sandstone, overlooking the Student Prince's town. See the Great Wine Vats, Apothecary Museum and enjoy panoramic views of Heidelberg and the Neckar Valley.
- Rhine Valley: Cruise beneath the semi-ruined castles and terraced vineyards. Sleepy villages slip by as you saunter upstream to the Lorelei Rock where the enchantress lured sailors to their doom.