World War 1 Battlefields with Bonus Night (Summer 2017)
Additional Included Highlights
- Tour the Ypres Salient battlefields.
- Tour the battlefields, War Cemeteries and memorials of the Somme.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- A Welcome drink and briefing (WR) and 3 Buffet Breakfasts (BB).
- Vimy Ridge: Visit the reconstructed trench systems amidst the craters.
- Villers-Bretonneux: In the local Victoria School, a wooden sign states “N'oublions jamais l'Australie”, which translates as “Never let us forget Australia”. Visit the Franco-Australian museum housed above the classrooms, to learn about the role the Australians played in defending the town.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Amiens: The modern Mercure Amiens Cathédrale hotel is located in the heart of the city, right next to the Gothic cathedral.
You will visit the following 2 places:
Belgium is a sovereign state in Western Europe. It is one of Europe’s most underrated travel destinations. Beer, chocolate and moules-frites might be the starting points for many first-time visitors, but while you’ll eat and drink well, the country’s other selling points are no less weighty. Medieval cities like Brussels, Bruges, Antwerp and Ghent play home to some stunning architecture, while a military legacy that covers everything from Waterloo to WWII holds its own interest. It’s compact, easy to travel around and boasts no fewer than 60 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
France has been the world's most popular tourist destination for over twenty years. It received 83 million visitors in 2012, although these figures are highly skewed by the number of people who frequent the country for the weekend, particularly to visit Disneyland Paris, Europe's most popular visitor attraction. All these people come to France for many a reason: its cities contain some of the greatest treasures on the continent, its countryside is prosperous and well-tended and it boasts dozens of major tourist attractions. France is one of the most geographically diverse countries in Europe, containing areas as different from each other as urban chic Paris, the sunny French Riviera, long Atlantic beaches, the winter sports resorts of the French Alps, the castles of the Loire Valley, rugged Celtic Brittany and the historian's dream that is Normandy. The country seduces travellers with its unfalteringly familiar culture, woven around cafe terraces, village-square markets and lace-curtained bistros with their plat du jour chalked on the board. France citizens enjoy a high standard of living, and the country performs well in international rankings of education, health care, life expectancy, civil liberties, and human development.