Ultimate Italy (Luxury Gold - Summer 2017)
Additional Included Highlights
- Rome: Visit St. Peter's Basilica and see Michelangelo's ‘Pietà'.
- Isle of Capri: Walk to Augustus' Gardens for views of the Faraglioni Rocks. Descend from Capri town by funicular.
- Perugia: A Local Expert will show you the Great Fountain, Collegio del Cambio and splendid Prior's Palace.
- Florence: See the cathedral, Giotto's bell tower, ‘Gates of Paradise', and open-air gallery of Signoria Square.
- Venice: See St. Mark's Basilica and the Bridge of Sighs.
- Isle of Capri: For your dining pleasure, you will be offered a selection of discerning restaurants to choose from on your Dine-Around evening.
- Isle of Capri: Savour a delicious lunch at Mammà, a Michelin-starred restaurant, in a beautiful Mediterranean setting.
- Florence: Dine out in delightful Barberino di Mugello, at a family-run restaurant where ‘nonna' makes delicious desserts! Enjoy a four-course menu with wine that pays homage to Tuscany's most famous flavours.
- Tuscany: Join a qualified chef to experience authentic Italian cooking at a hands-on culinary masterclass with lunch.
- Burano: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner with wine on this picturesque island.
- 11 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Dine-Around Evening (DA), 1 Michelin Highlight Lunch (HL), 1 Highlight Dinner (HD), 1 Highlight Lunch (HL), 2 three-course table d’hôte Dinners (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Rome: In the ultimate VIP experience, enter the Sistine Chapel for a private tour, with a Local Expert, before it is open to the public. Our fast-tracked entry into the Vatican Museums ensures maximum enjoyment of the priceless Papal art collection.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Isle of Capri: Relax aboard a cruise around this magical island.
- Assisi: Find out why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of medieval Europe with a Local Expert.
- Perugia: Visit a workshop to see how the art of hand-weaving textiles has been passed down through the generations.
- San Gimignano: Ascend serpentine alleyways to the artisan ice-cream parlour of World Champion gelato Maestro, Sergio Dondoli for a taste of his finest frozen treats.
- Florence: An insider's guide with an art historian, admire Michelangelo's masterpiece, the 17ft marble statue of David in the Academy of Fine Arts.
- Cinque Terre: Cruise along the rugged coast of the Cinque Terre to explore Monterosso's medieval quarter and popular sandy beach.
- Venice: Discover the secrets of the Venetian Republic on a private evening tour of the Doge's Palace.
- Venice: Take your seats in a traditional gondola for a serenade through the romantic Venetian canals.
- Isle of Capri: The 5-star luxury boutique hotel Capri Palace Hotel & Spa, is furnished with elegance inspired by the Mediterranean.
- Tuscany: A short drive from Florence, the luxury Villa Le Maschere is a grand, late Renaissance country house, built in the 16th century.
- Venice: The Bauer Palazzo is divinely located on the Grand Canal just off St Mark's Square and offers spacious and elegant guest rooms.