Christmas Markets of Germany (Winter 2017-18)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Berlin: Drive down the Unter den Linden. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and Reichstag Building.
- Dresden: See the Frauenkirche, 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic mural, cathedral, the Opera House and Zwinger Palace. Learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids.
- Nuremberg: See the distinguishing medieval architecture of the city walls and stone towers of the Alt Stadt (Old Town).
- Munich: On your orientation tour, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in the Marienplatz.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Dresden: At the Christmas Market, meet a stallholder and taste the local Christstollen with a glass of Glühwein.
- Munich: Gather with your friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine in the fun-loving Bavarian capital.
- Included Quality Dining: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 Three-course table d'hôte Dinners (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Berlin: With a Local Expert, explore the highlights of the city including Brandenburg Gate, remnants of the Berlin Wall and the restored Reichstag Building.
- Dresden: Your guided tour with a Local Expert shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Berlin: Swissôtel Berlin, located in the heart of West Berlin, is ideal for exploring the numerous galleries, museums and sights, such as the nearby Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche anti-war memorial, the impressive KaDeWe department store and the Tiergarten Park. It features outstanding architecture and a remarkable private collection of contemporary German art.
- Dresden: Swissôtel Dresden Am Schloss, opened in the centre of the historical old town, making it the perfect location for nearby sights such as the Semper Opera and Zwinger Palace. It has a stylishly modern interior with elegant rooms designed for comfort and style.
- Nuremberg: The Maritim Nuremberg awaits you in the immediate vicinity of the historic old city with its numerous monuments and buildings, including the Kaiserburg and a host of fascinating museums.
- Munich: Situated on the edge of Munich's famous Englischer Garten public park, the Hilton Munich Park is within easy reach of all of the city's major attractions.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Christmas Markets: Lose yourself in the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe. Shop for local delicacies and drink the heart-warming Glühwein. Keep an eye out for the ‘Nuremberg Plum People' and marvel at the Lepizig Christmas Pyramid.
- Leipzig: Visit Thomaskirche where Bach worked as a Kapellmeister and his remains are now buried.
- Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber: Fortified by ancient walls, picturesque and unspoiled, Rothenburg is a fairy tale come true at any time of year. It dazzles in December, with its 500-year-old Reiterlesmarkt lending a festive air to the cobbled streets and medieval buildings.