Easy Pace Italy (Winter 2017-18)
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
- Rome: Enjoy a private guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Florence: View the city skyline from the sumptuous terrace of Piazzale Michelangelo. See the cathedral, ‘Gates of Paradise' on the baptistery, and Signoria Square. See a traditional Florence leather-work demonstration.
- Verona: Walk with your Tour Director past the Roman Arena to the famous balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark's Square by private launch. See St. Mark's Basilica, bell tower, clock tower, Doges' Palace and Bridge of Sighs.
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Autumn: Learn about olive oil pressing and have a taste. Take in the beauty of the stunning autumn colours of the Tuscan landscapes.
- Winter: In Tuscany, with a local vintner, learn about the origins of Italian mulled wine - Vin Brulé, and enjoy a tasting of this soul-soothing, aromatic drink.
- Spring: Admire the fields of wild flowers and savour a tasting of the region's famous Chianti wines.
- Tuscany: Enjoy a fabulous dinner of Tuscan specialities in a picture-perfect setting.
- Venice: Join your fellow guests for an unforgettable Celebration Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine in the heart of historic Venice.
- Included Quality Dining: 9 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 1 Signature Evening (SE) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee. Departures on tour for Christmas and New Year's Eve will enjoy festive Highlight Dinners which will replace an included meal.
- Rome: Gain VIP entrance to the Vatican Museums and be among the select few to admire the Renaissance Bramante Staircase, off limits to the general public. Once through the Popes' treasure-trove, observe the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
- Florence: Visit the Accademia Museum with a local historian to study 'David', Michelangelo's original 17ft marble masterpiece.
- Florence: Join your local historian to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- Rome: The Veneto Palace Hotel is located among the monumental and unique scenery of ancient Rome, not far from Piazza di Spagna, the Trevi Fountain and Villa Borghese, which is the largest park in central Rome.
- Florence: Hotel Londra is an elegant Deluxe property situated right in the heart of Florence, within walking distance to the Accademia gallery and all major sights.
- Venice: The Hilton Molino Stucky is located in a magnificently restored 19th century granary on Giudecca Island, only minutes away from St. Mark's Square by boat. There are also excellent views from the roof bar.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- Pisa: Visit this historic town and see the famous leaning tower, baptistery and cathedral.
- Verona: Enjoy a romantic walk through the medieval city. See the Roman Arena and Juliet's famous balcony.
- Venice: Visit an artisan showroom and workshop to see master craftsmen honouring age-old Venetian crafts.
- Venice: To the tune of accompanying musicians, you will be serenaded through the atmospheric canals, gliding on a gondola.