Iceland's Magical Northern Lights
7 Days • 7-10 Meals
The “land of fire and ice” is a place of many wonders, including the rare opportunity to see the spectacular aurora borealis, or northern lights. This tour will bring you on a search for that once-in-a-lifetime moment. Take an exhilarating evening northern lights cruise. Travel to the “Golden Circle,” home to many of Iceland’s most renowned natural wonders. Spend time at Thingvellir National Park, the nation’s most historic area. Gaze at the spectacular Gullfoss waterfall, one of the world's most incredible cascades. At Eyjafjallajökull Volcano Visitor Center, learn about life during and after the dramatic 2010 volcanic explosion. Explore Skogar Folk Museum and see traditional turf-built homes. Walk on a black volcanic sand beach. See Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon filled with floating icebergs. Relax in the warm, mineral-rich water of the natural geothermal pool the Blue Lagoon. Spend your evenings gazing at the night sky in search of the elusive and dazzling northern lights.
Your Tour At a Glance
- Explore Skogar Folk Museum, covering all aspects of Icelandic life.
- Experience the energy at the geothermal fields of Geysir and Strokkur.
- Learn about the local’s struggles during the 2010 volcanic explosion.
- Stop at Reynisfjara, a black volcanic sand beach with basalt formations.
- Embark on a nightly search for the northern lights, a dazzling astronomical phenomena.
- Personalize Your TripPre and Post Tour Extensions. Start and end your vacation rested.
Pick from 92 tour dates between 2016 and 2018!
Call for the details!
**Rate is per person, land only, double occupancy, tour inclusions and available options may vary based on departure date. Please select a date below for more details.