Insight Vacations' First Women's-Only Journey: India by Women for Women in 2021
Insight Vacations, the leader in premium guided journeys, celebrates International Women’s Day 2020 by launching a new women’s only journey for the first time ever –
Inspirational India, A Wander Women Journey.
One departure date only! 12 Days departing March 24, 2021
As the first journey in Insight’s new “Wander Women” journey program, it takes place in India in 2021 and offers immersive learning opportunities, wellness experiences and Deliciously Authentic Dining while featuring the power of impactful tourism on women’s economic empowerment. And just like with all Insight journeys, clients who embark on this journey get all of the sights and the insights, up close and personal, in comfort and in style.
(Image above: Insight guests enjoy a ride offered by Pink City Rickshaw Company supporting economic empowerment to local women in Jaipur).
Women’s-only travel is rising, and this all-new Insight Vacations tour is designed and run by women, making it a perfect fit for those who want to get below the surface and experience India as a culturally immersive destination as well as have opportunities to give back and empower women in the local communities while learning about their day-to-day lives. This journey is also a great opportunity to connect and meet with other fabulous women from around the world and provides economic empowerment to local women.
Book early to secure your space on this one-of-a-kind travel experience.
Prices starting at USD $4689 /CDN $6235
Here’s a sample of the itinerary:
Inspirational India, A Wander Women Journey – 12 Days (Departing March 24, 2021)
- Your women’s-only journey in India starts in Delhi with a morning experience visiting Old Delhi and absorbing the vibrant culture.
- A choice between a “glassperience” with jewellery making where guests will make their very own piece of wearable art with glass or an ayurvedic treatment with two massage therapists is offered as Insight Choice the following day.
- Guests will visit Sheroes, a one-of-a-kind café in India. Unlike any other café or a general restaurant, it is solely run by acid attack survivors and promotes social integration as well as economic empowerment.
- A visit to the Taj Mahal is included before embarking to Jaipur to enjoy Holi, the ancient festival of colours.
- On the eve of the Holi festival, visit an Indian family to join their Holika Dehan tradition, which includes a home-hosted dinner and a bonfire that’s meant to ward off evil before the festivities begin the following day when clients wear local Kurta attire and take to the streets for a colourful celebration.
- The following day enjoy morning yoga with a female guru.
- Guests enjoy a Pink City rickshaw ride offered by Pink City Rickshaw Company, providing new aspirational employment opportunities to 200 women from low income households in Jaipur and then
- choose between an evening Bollywood dance class or
- a henna demonstration.
- Women will also visit the Sunder Rang arts and crafts project at Chandelao village where an average of 20 women work at the centre, producing traditional Rajasthani textiles and handicraft items for both local and export markets, creating a sustainable source of income for the artisans.
- A meeting with a local astrologer reveals the secrets of the stars and after travelling to Udaipur, guests relax and rejuvenate at the Taj Aravali Resort & Spa.
- Clients also visit the Seva Mandir Organization, an NGO supporting natural resource development as well as health and women’s empowerment before
- embarking on an evening boat ride at Lake Pichola and visit Jagmandir.
Terms and Conditions Include:
Ask us for full itinerary details, pricing, booking conditions and restrictions.
Roommate matching and quad rooms are not available, and triple and single rooms are subject to availability. Discounts applicable are the frequent traveler discount and second trip discount (only to be taken off the brochure trip, not this trip). A deposit is due within 3 days of booking and full payment is due 90 days prior to departure. This offer is based on availability and may be withdrawn at any time and without notice. Further restrictions apply.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.